In that light, the blogs by a WordSearch employee, about trying out Logos 3 Scholar's Edition, instead of using his usual WordSearch 8.0 are interesting, especially because of his conclusion.
For what I'm trying to do in my personal and academic studies, I have to wholeheartedly admit that Logos is the best application to suit my needs.
The relevant blog posts are:
- Logos Bible Software: The 30 Day Challenge
- The 30 Day Challenge: The First Few Days
- The 30 Day Challenge: More Thoughts
- The 30 Day Challenge: Praises and Complaints
- The 30 Day Challenge: A Few More Wants and Some Cool Features
- The 30 Day Challenge: The Conclusion
The other significant point was about vendor lockin:
Most of the books that I own in WORDsearch are available in Logos; it's just a matter of coming up with the funds to buy the books in Logos so that I can use them in their software.