By way of comparison, eSword@yahoogroups.com, the largest email support list for e-Sword, took six or seven years to reach 6,000 subscribers. Currently, it (email@example.com) has 7,377 subscribers.
I have mislaid my data for e-Sword-users.org. My recollection is that took more than a year to reach the 6,000 member mark.
Whilst the news announcement Growth in September ( http://www.biblesupport.com/page/e-sword-modules-message-board.html/_/news/growth-in-september-r36 ) is now two months old, it shows how their bandwidth usage has grown. The current tagline proclaims "6,012 members downloaded 226,988 resources."
Pulpit Commentary (all 66 books) for e-Sword has been downloaded 4,988 times.
- If you upload three resources, you'lll have a place in the top twenty file submitters.
- If you upload one hundred resources, you'll have a place in the top five file submitters.
- To have a place in the top twenty file downloaders, you'll have to download 1,400 files.
- To have a place in the top five file downloaders, you'll have to download every e-Sword resource that BIbleSupport.com offers.
Things that BibleSupport did right, and e-Sword-users did wrong:
- Make it easy for users to submit resources;
- Make it easy for users to download resources;
- Run a bot that scours the Internet looking for e-Sword resources;