19 February 2009

e-Sword Documentation

Right now, I'm torn between removing all of the e-Sword documentation I've written, and leaving it up. I am also torn between publishing documentation that I write in the future, or keeping it for my own use.

I would have thought that a group that uses the GNU GPL 2.0 license would both know, and understand the difference between closed source, and open source. I would also have thought that they would respect copyright law. It appears that I was wrong on both counts.


I've had some misgivings in the past about providing information about e-Sword. That a group that theoretically understands Open Source doesn't understand it, implies that my misgivings were justified.


Maybe I should have volunteered to talk about copyright, licenses, and similar things at BibleTech 2009.

No comments: