01 March 2010

The Death of Bible Study Software

On 27 February 2010, I thought that there might be five organizations that currently provide Bible Study Software that might have a long term, viable future.

On 28 February 2010, I think that there are only four organizations that have a long term future.

The reason for my change of mind.

A very polite refusal from that organization, to provide me with a copy of the EULA.

Their theory is that only users need to know what the license says.

That organization has one thing going for them --- the time stamp of their reply to me.
28 Feb 2010 14:59:51 -0500.

Not making the EULA public is, at best, short sighted. At worst, it makes people think that the EULA really contains the terms that they have been told it contains.

Update: Within a month that company did post the EULA for their Bible Study software on their website.

No comments: