14 March 2015

MinistryUse OpenSUSE

Wandering further into SourceForge today, I discovered a second Linux distro for Christians:  MinistryUse OpenSUSE.

Version 0.0.1 was released on Sourceforge on 15 January 2015.

It can be downloaded from http://sourceforge.net/projects/ministryuseopensuse/.

The SourceForge description simply says:

Finally an operating system specifically set up for Christians in ministry with one of the best desktop environments available - KDE. Xiphos for Bible Study. Chromium for web-browsing. Openlp for worship projection software. And much more to aid in your ministry needs. As a young minister, I use my laptop for a lot in ministry. I hope this helps you too.
God Bless and if you have any problems, please let me know. I'd be happy to work on it.
Under Features, we have listed:
  • K Desktop environment
  • Chromium Browser for Web
  • Xiphos for Bible Study
  • Openlp for Worship projection software
  • Libreoffice for all your word processing needs
  • Customized desktop appearance with Christian themed backgrounds
  • Open SUSE repositories and base


I have not downloaded this distro.
I have not tested this distro. 

The same person develops both MinistryUse OpenSUSE and  Christ OS.
I've sent an email to the developer, asking if Christ OS. , the successor to MinistryUse OpenSUSE.

No comments: